About Me

My photo
San Francisco, California and, Carrboro, North Carolina, United States

Monday, May 7, 2012

REV 3 KNOXVILLE

I headed west to Knoxville, TN to compete in a REV 3 Olympic Distance Race.  I really enjoy racing Rev 3 events, the Rev 3 staff is excellent, and they've done a wonderful job organizing and putting on races at every distance.

Leading up to the race I felt great.  I had been hitting all of my workouts and I was ready for a break through performance.  

Unfortunately, things did not go as planned.  I simply had a sub par performance in each aspect of the race.  From the start of the swim, onto the bike and run, and even stumbling through T1, I just did not perform well.  One of the few positive aspects of the race, was that I finished and in finishing I learned a little more about racing.  

Back to training and to better races in the future.  Next up is the 5150 Columbia Tri on May 20th.  

Race Stats: 

Swim: 18:19

Bike: 59:26

Run: 35:42

Total: 1:56:50



I was running well here; it's only when I had to go uphill did I slow significantly.

 


Coming down the finishing chute.  


No comments:

Post a Comment