About Me

My photo
San Francisco, California and, Carrboro, North Carolina, United States

Monday, July 19, 2010

INTRODUCTION

Crohnic (Crohn's Disease):
In October of 2000, a couple weeks after winning my age group (24 and under) and placing third overall in Los Angeles Triathlon, I became extremely ill.  Laying in a hospital bed as doctors and nurses performed more tests than I knew existed, I kept wondering, how could someone so healthy be so sick?  I was eventually diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.  From that day on I promised myself I would not let the disease get in the way of my goals, but rather use the disease and its symptoms to make me a better person and better athlete.  

9 years after winning the OA amatuer
race in the LA Triathlon, I returned
in 2010 to win again and start
Tri Career 2.0 
Triathlete (Professional Triathlete):
From 2000 through 2006 I competed as an elite triathlete. However, in 2006, I ruptured two discs in my lower back (L4 and L5) and my triathlon racing career was put on hold until 2009. In September of 2009, I dusted off the wetsuit, bike and running shoes and competed in the Santa Cruz Triathlon. Finishing 2nd in my age group and 4th overall, I decided to make another go at being a professional athlete.

Esq. (Attorney):
In 2006, I graduated from Boalt Hall School of Law (UC Berkeley Law), passed the CA Bar exam, and started work in a large corporate law firm.  In my practice, I represent issuers and underwriters in various asset-backed securitizations.

In 2011, I find myself embarking on pro triathlon career 2.0.  Working a stressful job and pushing my body to its limits is not the typical lifestyle of a Crohn's patient but with a bit of patience, fortitude and luck, I'll be standing on top of the podium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment