About Me

My photo
San Francisco, California and, Carrboro, North Carolina, United States

Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday May 23, 2011

On Monday morning my legs were definitely feeling the 15 mile run on Sunday.  Fortunately, Monday only called for a moderate swim followed by an easy ride of 90-120 minutes. 

The swim was fantastic.  Elizabeth and I met up with fellow pro triathlete Alex McDonald.  Alex is an inspiration.  Alex was involded in a serious cycling accident about 3 months ago, breaking both his legs and suffering a number of other injuries.  However, Alex has stayed positive throughout the healing process and is already walking.  He's also back to swimming and riding.  It's truly amazing.  Check out the video below. 

We hit the pool for 3750 yards and all felt great afterwards.  Another good swim.    

Following the swim Elizabeth and I went for an easy ride around Chapel Hill.  I got lost only once on the ride (as you can see we were riding towards HWY 40).  Some of my friends in Berkeley will not believe I got lost only once, since I seemed to get lost on nearly every ride in Northern California.     



No comments:

Post a Comment