About Me

My photo
San Francisco, California and, Carrboro, North Carolina, United States

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Saturday and Sunday (May 28 and 29)

Saturday = the P-Ride! 

Another great P-Ride followed by an extra hour on the bike.  I put in some strong efforts on today's ride and I'm extremely happy with my fitness on the bike. 



After the 3:15 on the bike, I ended up at the track for 3 X 800 meters.  I knocked out the 800s on the 2:40-2:43, not as fast as I wanted to go, but still a great workout.  The map below may be the most boring garmin map ever.   



In the last couple of days I have begun to acclimate to North Carolina's summer.  Wow, it's significantly warmer than a San Francisco summer!  I've enjoyed pushing myself in the heat the last few days because it's only going to make me a stronger athlete.   

Sunday was another great day of training.  After a 30 minute ride on the trainer I headed out for a 16 mile run.  Again, I was very impressed with how warm and humid it can get here.   

This was an excellent week, I put in 20+ hours of training and billed nearly 40 hours.

I have signed up for Eagleman 70.3 on June 12. 

My fitness and form are really coming together.  My run is still a question mark but I am expecting a good performance with a strong swim and bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment