About Me

My photo
San Francisco, California and, Carrboro, North Carolina, United States

Thursday, May 26, 2011

TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY

At the moment, I'm feeling fit.  My run is not there yet, but my swimming and cycling have consistently improved over the course of the year.  Tuesday's and Wednesday's workout were further evidence of this. 

Tuesday

Tuesday's Pro Swim Practice was another example of just how much Dave knows about getting athletes into shape.  Dave gave us a tough and fast set.  Main set was 5 X 100 all out.  Between each 100, we had 60 seconds of work on the stretch chords.  My arms were burning,  but I came through strong, swimming all of them between 57 seconds and 59 seconds.   

Tuesday ended with a 9 mile run at 6:30 pace.  

Wednesday

Early in the morning was full of attorney work, then I headed out to the pool.  I put in a solid 4600 yards at the pool.  Since I often hear I have one of the ugliest swim strokes around, I've been trying to work on my swim stroke and swim form.  Wednesday's set called for some one arm drills and finger tip drills, so hopefully I am learning. 

After the swim, I headed home shot off a few emails, and then jumped on the bike.  The weather is getting warmer now and I am hoping that by training in the heat, I will race well in the heat.  I did 4 loops on the ride, putting in a good effort to start off each loop. 



After the ride I threw on the running shoes headed out for an easy transition run around the neighborhood. 



Wednesday was an awesome day.  Any day I can get 4+ hours of training is a good one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment